Here you’ll find all our Governance information
BIOS is governed by a Board of Trustees, all of whom are elected by the members:
- Chair – elected nationally
- Vice-Chair – elected nationally
- 3 England representatives – elected by members in England
- 1 representative each from Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic
of Ireland– elected by members in the respective countries.
- Leaders of Orthoptic Profession (LOOP) Lead
The Board of Trustees meets 4-5 times each year. They are also supported by a wider advisory Council, which meets together with the Trustees twice a year.
Details of the current Trustees and Council members can be found here.
Memorandum and Articles of Association
The responsibilities of our Trustees and the purpose of the Society are set our in our Memorandum and Articles, with further detail provided through by-laws.
Please note: our Memorandum and Articles are currently being revised to include the resolutions passed at the 2019 AGM. This will be updated shortly.