Here you’ll find all our Governance information
BIOS is governed by a Board of Trustees, all of whom are elected by the members:
- Chair – elected nationally
- Vice-Chair – elected nationally
- 3 England representatives – elected by members in England
- 1 representative each from Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic
of Ireland– elected by members in the respective countries.
- Leaders of Orthoptic Profession (LOOP) Lead
The Board of Trustees meets 4-5 times each year. They are also supported by a wider advisory Council, which meets together with the Trustees twice a year.
Details of the current Trustees and Council members can be found here.
BIOS Strategic Plan
BIOS has a clear vision of what want to achieve over the next few years, which is set out in our Strategic Plan.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for ensuring that the Plan is delivered and, at the end of it, reporting on our success to our members.