Here you’ll find all our Governance information
BIOS is governed by a Board of Trustees, all of whom are elected by the members:
- Chair – elected nationally
- Vice-Chair – elected nationally
- 3 England representatives – elected by members in England
- 1 representative each from Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic
of Ireland– elected by members in the respective countries.
- Leaders of Orthoptic Profession (LOOP) Lead
The Board of Trustees meets 4-5 times each year. They are also supported by a wider advisory Council, which meets together with the Trustees twice a year.
Details of the current Trustees and Council members can be found here.