Learning Resources and Training
Heath Education England e-Learning for Healthcare
HEE e-LfH have produced a programme to help the health and care workforce respond to coronavirus, which can be accessed here.
More content will be added in the coming days and weeks but content now available includes:
- Essential Guidance from the NHS, UK Government, WHO and BMJ
- Public Health England – Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Resources for Staﬀ Working in Critical Care Setting
- Resources for Staff Working in Acute Hospital Setting
- Resources for Staff Working in Primary Care and Community Setting
- Resources for Return to Work Healthcare Staff
- Resources for Pharmacy Staff
- End of Life Care COVID-19
- Wellbeing for Staff
This has now been expanded to include specific resources for AHPs – you can read more about them here.
NHS Education for Scotland
NES have a range of educational and induction resources for all health and social care staff deployed or redeployed to support services, available here.
Again, this is in development but include:
- Assessment and care of people with COVID-19
- Protecting yourself ans your workplace environment
- Psychosocial mental health and wellbeing support for staff
- Practice in the community setting
It also includes a specific learning site for AHPs.
Webinars and Events
Date: Thursday 11 March 2021 Time: 6:00pm to 8:30pm GMT Price: This webinar is FREE for RSM members and [...]
Date: Thursday 11 February 2021 Time: 6:00pm to 7:20pm GMT Price: This webinar is FREE for RSM members and [...]
Save the dates! NHS Education for Scotland is pleased to announce its 3rd National NMAHP Education Conference will take [...]
***NEW DATE ADDED - 23 April 2021*** RCOphth is pleased to announce that bookings are now open for [...]
10-11 November [Recordings available until January] – Conference ‘Rehabilitation research, practice and education in the era of COVID-19’
Conference ‘Rehabilitation research, practice and education in the era of COVID-19’ Register here. Live 10th and 11th November (afternoons) [...]
Register now at: https://www.ukpgs.org.uk/
Public Health England – Psychological First Aid
PHE have launched an updated Psychological First Aid (PFA) digital training module, aimed at all frontline and essential workers and volunteers.
The course aims to increase awareness and confidence to provide psychosocial support to people affected by COVID-19. PFA is a globally recognised training in emergency situations and PHE have developed this new course as part of their national incident response, and in partnership with NHS England, Health Education England, FutureLearn and E-Learning for Health.
The course is free, and no previous qualifications are required. It takes around 90 minutes to complete and is also available in three sessions for the learner to complete at their own pace. By the end of the course, outcomes will include: understanding how emergencies like the COVID-19 pandemic can affect us, recognising people who may be at increased risk of distress and understanding how to offer practical and emotional support.