The Orthoptic Education Fund (OEF) provides small grants to orthoptic professionals and students to support with education and training.
We welcome applications from BIOS members who are able to demonstrate how the funds will be used to support our charitable aim, ‘to encourage the study and improve the practice of orthoptics with a view to maintaining and raising standards in clinical and scientific orthoptics’.
Further information on applying for funding, including our full terms and conditions can be found in the Guidance for Applicants document.
What we fund
- Support for qualified orthoptists to fund postgraduate study supporting their professional development
- Support for those presenting or contributing at conferences
- Support for orthoptic students facing financial hardship that risks preventing them from continuing their studies
What we don’t fund
- Research projects and audits
- Academic fees for PhDs and other post-graduate qualifications – we will consider funding for individual Masters modules where funding is not available from an applicant’s employer, apprenticeship levy, or other charitable fund