To prepare for the coming winter, we are inviting all members to have the seasonal flu vaccination offered by their trust. As healthcare professionals, we have a duty to protect ourselves and our patients from contracting influenza infections which may have serious consequences.
In addition to vaccinating ourselves, to reduce the pressures on the NHS and help in delivering a cost-effective prevention programme, we are asking you to take an active role in advising your eligible patient groups to have the flu vaccination. The flu vaccine is offered free to each of the following:
- all children aged 2-9 years old on 31st August 2018
- those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- those aged 65 years and over
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- primary school-aged children
Please see the attached letter and poster resource for your department.