Why join BIOS?
Would you like to be part of a small, but select, community of like-minded orthoptists? And so ensure that your continued professional development thrives, your managerial skills are honed, and you are protected against the financial risks of your clinical practice?
Professional development and insurance services are two of the key reasons why you should join BIOS. Another is the chance to network and establish contacts across the whole spectrum of orthoptic activities including research, education, professional development and a whole host of specialist interests like stroke, glaucoma, specific learning difficulties and low vision.
As a BIOS member, you will have access to Parallel Vision, the monthly magazine for orthoptists; and to a raft of useful documents for professional and managerial best practice; and you can (if you wish) become involved with events and causes at national and branch level.
Above all, by joining you will help to ensure that your distinctive profession is represented on both the national and local stage, continues to thrive and evolve, and is properly & uniquely valued as a integral part of eye health care teams.
5 good reasons to join BIOS:
- BIOS is the only professional body purely for orthoptists in Great Britain and Ireland
- BIOS lobbies and speaks to influential people and bodies on your behalf, to ensure that the profession stays high on the healthcare planning agenda.
- BIOS membership includes insurance that is uniquely tailored to the specific requirements of orthoptists - and bought at group rates.
- BIOS provides information and guidance on all topics that you will encounter in your career as an orthoptist
- BIOS will support you in your practice and at your workplace
To join BIOS contact us NOW by one of the ways shown here.