This page summarises BIOS's policies in certain areas; anyone who is a member of BIOS or has registered for a BIOS event has agreed to be bound by some or all of these terms in respect of that membership or registration.
Refund & Cancellation Policy - Memberships
- BIOS memberships are valid from the time of registration until the end of the membership year in question. If you cancel by giving at least one month's notice in writing, we will refund unused payments in respect of membership (less any debts outstanding in respect of event registrations or previous year's membership fees).
- If a refund is due to you, it will be paid within three working days of your termination date.
- If you stop making monthly payments without giving notice you will not be entitled to any refund: a termination date will be calculated based on the amount you have already paid and your membership will be terminated on that date.
- If you transfer to a different level of membership in the course of a membership year, a pro-rata adjustment of fees for that membership year will be made. Such an adjustment may require partial refund to you or additional/increased payments from you.
- Where a membership has been bought in error, or where a member has unintentionally paid twice for a membership or event, BIOS will make a full refund as soon as the error is confirmed. Such confirmation will be at the sole discretion of BIOS.
Refund & Cancellation Policy - Events
- A delegate may cancel her or his registration for an event not less than fourteen (14) days before the event by notifying BIOS in writing. In this case, the delegate will be entitled to receive a full refund of any monies paid to BIOS on account of the registration.
- If a delegate is unable to attend an event and has failed to give notice to BIOS in time to secure a refund, he or she may send another named delegate in his or her place (provided that the replacement delegate is qualified to the level required by the event) by notifying BIOS in writing of the name of the replacement.
- If an event's details as displayed on the BIOS website show cancellation terms that differ from these, the event-specific terms will apply to the event.
Please see the infomation at the foot of each page of this website.
Delivery & Returns Policy
- BIOS does not sell goods through its website.