Returning to orthoptics

Many orthoptists have a period away from practice, whether to have a family or for other reasons.

Supervised practice

If you are a qualified orthoptist who has not been practising within the last two years and who wants to return to the profession, you will need to find an employer of orthoptists willing to sponsor you through a period of supervised practice. The length and extent of supervision will depend on the length of time you have been away from practice.

Information for returners to orthoptics

Information for returners Mar2013.pdf

If you are in this position and would like some information on employers near you, please call the BIOS office on +44 (0) 1353 66 55 41.

HCPC registration

In order to practice as an orthoptist in the UK, you must be registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC). 

The HCPC website has information to help you with readmission http://www.hcpc-uk.org/apply/readmission/

© Copyright British and Irish Orthoptic Society 2011-2012. All rights reserved.     Privacy Policy    Website Terms of Use

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software