BIOS SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE 2015
EARLY BIRD RATES UNTIL 31/3/15
BIOS SciConf Programme 2015 _V1.1.pdf
- Promoting the Profession in the new NHS - speakers from Public Health England and the Health & Care Professions Council & includes PROMs/PREMs update
- Myopia & Refractive Errors - summary of latest research from Aston University
- Informatics, Apps & Orthoptic Coding - news on coding of orthoptic procedures and use of Apps
- Extended role of the orthoptist/neuro-orthoptics - topics include squint and strabismus
- Plus BIOS Special Interest Group Workstream options on both conference days
A tailor-made modern conference facility
conference room, break out space, sponsors/poster exhibitions and refreshments - all on one level
And on-site accommodation is 4**** this year
ensuite queen rooms (free wifi/tea/coffee making facilities) swimming pool, sauna
A 10-minute walk from Birmingham city centre, Hotel at Conference Aston is set within quiet landscaped campus grounds. It features free Wi-Fi and en suite bedrooms, each with a TV.
Each of the modern rooms is stylishly decorated and comes with facilities for making tea and coffee. There is also a telephone and work space for guests to use.
The main restaurant at Hotel at Conference Aston serves a varied menu featuring locally sourced produce, while snacks are served all day in the bar. After dinner, guests can relax in the lounge area, which has Sky TV.
With a central location, Hotel at Conference Aston is less than 1 mile from the National Indoor Arena and the famous Bull Ring shopping centre. The NEC and Birmingham International Airport are approximately 20 minutes away by taxi. Birmingham New Street Rail Station is a 15-minute walk from the building.
Feedback from Glasgow 2014
- "Good to hear about innovations for the future, which can be achieved at lower cost, with better results, when current atmosphere in NHS is so negative. Also surprised at how many new ideas I have for changing practice. Many many thanks to all involved in organising the conference - an all round brilliant experience."
- "As an orthoptist currently refreshing with the aim of returning to orthoptics after a long break I found the talks interesting and informative, especially the one about vision screening apps.."
- "The organisers got it just right in terms of the level & length of each presentation, so maintaining interest in each speaker. Frequent breaks to keep us energised, and easy to navigate around the building. Gala dinner was excellent! One of the best conferences I've been to."
As before, the 2015 social programme is listed as a separate event: please register to join in the events to make the most of your time at the Conference - there are two events to book on 8th & 9th July!
If you might be interested in sponsoring this event, please follow this link https://orthoptics-org.wildapricot.org/scicon2015_sponsorship
Payment by employers
If your employer wishes to pay your registration fee direct, please consult the BIOS office (email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1353 66 55 41).
Your employer may insist on issuing a purchase order to cover your registration: if so, it is your responsibility to start and follow up this process.
Please note that no refunds will be paid for cancellations (for all or part of the event) made after 25th June 2015. This is because it would be too late to resell your place or adjust numbers for catering purposes after that time.
If you find yourself unable to attend after that time, you may send a replacement delegate. If the replacement does not have the same member privileges as you, she/he will be liable to pay the difference between your payment and what she/he would have paid to register.